Monthly Utilisation Report
The Monthly Utilization report displays vehicle utilization over a selected previous period by a single location or all locations grouped by categories. Included in the report also are indicators of Average Days per Contract and Average Rate. Please note that the report cannot be run for a period of less than three days. We recommend that reporting periods be one month or more.
The Utilization figure is arrived at by :
- Calculating the Average Number of Vehicles (ANV) available over the reporting period (must be more than 3 days, with longer periods producing a more accurate average number).
- Calculating the Total Days Available (TDA) = ANV * No. of days over the reporting period
- Calculating the Total Days Rented (TDR) over the reporting period.
- Utilization = TDR / TDA * 100
Accessing Monthly Utilisation Report:
Reports >> Monthly Financial Reports >> Monthly Utilisation Report
Vehicle Selection and Location
Select the vehicles current or owning location.
The report can also be run for All Locations or a specific location.
For Allocated bookings, the booking will only be included in this report, if the Owning Location of the vehicle matches this location.
For unallocated bookings, only bookings where the pickup location matches this location will be included.
The report can be run for All Regions or a specific region.
If both a Location and a Region are chosen, the Region will be used.
|the report can be run for all Category Types or a specific Category Type.|
The Date range is used for two things in the report:
- A check is done to only include vehicles which are on fleet during the date range entered.
- Bookings are only included where part of the booking period falls within the Date Range entered.
If a future date is entered, then the unallocated bookings will be included in this report as well.
The Vehicle Category.
Clicking on the red link in this field will open a drill-down listing the reservations for this Category. From the drill-down screen you can access the booking detail screen for each reservation.
Average No of Vehicles
The average number of vehicles for this Category.
Clicking on the red link in this field will open a drill-down listing the Vehicles. From the Drill-down screen you can access the utilisation information for the vehicle in question.
No of Bookings
The number of bookings for the category.
Average Days per Booking
The average number of days for each booking for this category.
The average daily rental rate for each booking.
No Days Rented
The number of days that the vehicles in this category have been rented in the reporting period.
The number of days in the reporting period that the vehicles in the category are available for.
This calculation takes into account the period of time each vehicle was "On Fleet" during the reporting period.
The utilisation flag and dates are also taken into account when calculating this value.
The utilisation rate of the category.
This is calculated by the calculation of Days Rented/Days Available.
Points to Note:
The following items are import to note about this report.
- The longer the period covered, the more accurate the report becomes.
- The report does not include Non Revenue bookings.
It does include bookings whose status is Reservation (rather than Hired), and also includes unallocated bookings for future report dates.
- The UTILISATION report includes bookings that fall into the report range but may have pickup or drop off dates outside the report range. For this reason it is NOT possible to COMPARE this report with SALES reports that ONLY show bookings that have pickup or drop off dates inside the report range.
- The vehicles on hire on home dashboard shows all vehicles that are still marked as on hire (include over due vehicles) .
- If the number of rental days for a booking have been manually changed & do not match up with the booking dates, then this report will only report on the number of days from the pickup date. eg. a booking pick up from 10th to 20th, but # of days changed is 5 days, the 1st 5 days for the booking will counted as hired..
- The Average days per contract is calculated as Number of days rented in the report date range divided by number of bookings in the report period
- You can click on the red Category to see a listing of the reservations. From this screen you are able to click on the red reservation number to see the Booking Details page.
- You can click on the red Average No. of Vehicles to see a Vehicle list. From the Vehicle Listing you can also click on the red Utilisation Log link to see the utilisation dates for the vehicle.
Click Here for details on how to print or export a report from RCM.
Utilisation By Category Report
Purpose: The Utilisation by Category report displays Utilization by category over a selected previous period by a single location. Please note that the report cannot be run for a period of less than three days. We recommend that reporting periods be ...
Utilisation Report By Current Location
Purpose: The Utilisation by Current Location report displays Utilization by category over a selected previous period by a single location. Please note that the report cannot be run for a period of less than three days. We recommend that reporting ...
Forecast Monthly Earnings Report
Purpose: The Forecast Monthly Earnings Report displays sales figures by location and vehicle category over a selected date range. By default, the report will run over the current month. Accessing Forecast Monthly Earnings Report: Reports >> Hireage ...
Monthly Receipts Report
Purpose The Monthly Receipts Report allows you to view the total payments you have recorded over a selected date range. You can also filter the payments displayed by payment location, region, tender type and brand (if this is turned on in your RCM ...
Monthly Receipts - Combined Locations Report
Purpose: The Monthly Receipts - Combined Locations Report allows you to view the total payment amounts you’ve received over a selected date range. The Combined Locations part of this report allows you to query for the Payment Location and Pickup ...